Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sick of it!!!

Well here we are, in the beginning of February. I'm just going to say it. I'm sick of winter. There, it's out. I'm not one of those people that just hate the snow, I think it's cool and enjoy some activities out there. The problem is that this winter has been so damn cold that winter activities have been slim to none. I have found myself on numerous occasions lately daydreaming of the warm sun beating down on my face as a refreshing breeze blows. I miss the beach, I miss the warmth, I miss the low gas prices (house, not car...heating a house is expensive...that is the new home owner in me still dealing w/ the sticker shock of my gas bill), I miss mowing the lawn...what, am I crazy!!! Today the sun is out and I thought to myself..."yes! It's warm out" and walked out to discover it is only 12 degrees.

We actually had a conversation with our friends the Tenneys and have agreed that from now on, each year we are going to plan a warm winter outing at the end of January or beginning of February and we will go to a hotel where they have a water park or something along that idea. Something like the Great Wolf Lodge or maybe at some point in the future a trip someplace warm (we will start small though). My batteries are drained and I could use a recharge. I think my family could too. We will have to see what can be done.

Sorry this blog is blah-tastic. Hopefully there is greener grass ahead...literally.

Talk to you soon.
Books

1 comment:

  1. On a positive note, the picture from your back porch is "beautiful" as I sit behind my computer's screen from my warm apartment.

    Other than that, I have grown to despise the Michigan winter as well. It has its aesthetic value, of course. Besides this, I cannot find reasons to appreciate it. I look back and think on certain days where I had to brush off my car four times. Not worth the visual. My fingers and toes turn numb more than 50% of the days in a 3-4 month period. I’ve decided that I do not plan to live in this state in my future career path. I question the sanity of anyone who wants to live here, or has, forever (not really, but kind of). It is not practical if your only justification is a stunning visual!

    In other words, I feel ya man, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to rant about it as well!

    ReplyDelete