Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life Catches Up.

This evening I said something out loud to my wife so that I could be held accountable for it tomorrow. I was driving home from a fun evening hanging out with the Tenneys and was thinking to myself, "I really need to be healthy. I have been putting off exercising for a long time but more recently, I have put off getting on our new elipitical for a solid week." My mother-in-law gave us it after finding one on craigs list (she had been looking b/c we had mentioned we were looking possibly for something to put downstairs to motivate us). Now I'm not going to go into details about how morbidly obese I am (we all know I'm not Mr. Skinnybones) but, I am going to say that something in my life has to change or I won't be here as long as I should.

So back to the car, I'm sitting there waging a small war in my head about exercising and I finally blurt out, "I'm getting on the elliptical machine tomorrow." I then proceeded to explain that I needed to say it out loud so that someone knew what I should be doing at some point in time after I got out of work. I am activating the "Just Do It" policy tomorrow on my exercising. My goal is 3 times a week. I'm not going on a diet, I'm making a life change. I'll eat better portions and exercise, I am eliminating Coke or the "dark master" as my friend Jamey calls it. I will have great weeks at this and I will have bad weeks at this but I'm making a positive life change and if I don't lose weight here and there who cares, as long as I can feel better physically than I do now. I know that tomorrow when I step off the elliptical, I will feel great and I just have to tell myself that as I start going up to change into my workout cloths (personally I found that that was harder than the workout most days). About 7 years ago I lost close to 80 pounds. I can do it...I've done it before.

I will start there. So now not only does my wife know, but the whole world knows (or at least the couple of people who read my blogs). I'll keep you posted here and there on how it's going.

Take care everyone!
Books

No comments:

Post a Comment