Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Teacher In Me

I know that Michele does Friday Quotables (1 & 2) but I have my own little funny story to share in regards to this little guy named Cal that she does daycare for. I hope it translates as well to this blog as it did in real life.

A couple days ago I came home from work and headed towards the office/spare bedroom to drop off some mail. As I entered, I heard the gruffy voice of 4 year old Cal, "Hi Chris" (his voice reminds me of Charlie Brown). He's chillin' on the bed, both hands behind his head watching some Backyardigans. I use the bathroom in the office and come out and Cal says, "I think I need to go too." I say ok and he walks by and closes the door. He says something through the door which I didn't quite understand and I say "what?" and it turns out to be something along the lines of don't go anywhere. I figure he's pooping and may need some backup.

A little part of the backstory is that a couple of days prior to this I overheard Michele talking about how she is working on Cal's wiping skills...something along the lines of make sure you wipe twice (this was actually revised recently).

So I hear the door open and look in and Cal looks at me half naked and says, "I need you to wipe me." I remember Michele's comment and tell him that I know she has been working on this with him and he should try. So standing up, he grabs one square and wipes but lets just say it's not an in-depth wipe and the square comes out clean. He throws it in the toilet and starts closing up shop. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," I say and tell Cal, "you need to wipe better than that and really get in there. Here I'll talk you through it." So I take him through some steps.

"First you need to get at least 3 squares and fold them up. Second, you are going to have to squat a bit so you can really clean where the poop comes out (I know, gross but it needs to be said). Third and finally, wipe and throw in toilet. Repeat at least 2 or 3 times until there is no poop on the paper." He does this just as instructed and is finished. He flushes and half naked jumps around and yells, "CHRIS!!!!! YOU REALLY ARE A TEACHER. WOW!" And on this day, both my bachelors and masters degree in education were officially confirmed.

The end.
Books

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... did you ever think you'd have so many conversations about poop?

    ReplyDelete