Monday, June 18, 2012

Back Update #3 - Cabin Fever!



6/16/12
Saturday was a rough day for me.  Physically it was worse than usual and mentally I'm struggling.  Michele started working her full time hours this past week and I am supposed to be taking care of the girls.  My littles are starting to show signs of getting really board with me barely moving around and with the nice weather they want to go out and play.  That's just not an option for me.  Also, M and my Mother-in-law Debbie set up our Intex pool Friday night and so it's now swim ready.  I told Avery she would have to wait until Mom was home.  With all of that happening, I am feeling pretty worthless.  I'm also getting really sick of just sitting around.  I'm trying to keep active working on band stuff and reading but the bottom line is I'm going a little stir crazy.  M took the girls out once she got home and I felt better but was in a funk the rest of the night.

6/17/12
Fathers Day!  I woke up to Avery bringing up some breakfast in bed.  The littles and I ate together on the bed and snuggled.  I needed that.  Debbie is here today so I can relax a bit and know the girls are getting some well deserved attention.  Avery is really trying to take care of me by setting up a comfortable spot on the floor with blankets and stuff.  Incredibly sweet.  I was excited to get out of the house.  We plan on going over to my Dads so the girls can play with their cousins in the pool and hang with family.  I actually got in the pool, I was curious how it would feel.  I found that dangling from noodles wasn't the most comfortable but if I put my feet up on another noodle it worked.  It was the most movement and activity I had had in a while and it was a welcome feeling.  Even better that I could spend it with the ones I love so much.  When we got home I snuggled with Avery on the couch and watched some TV with her.  I was worried about pain so I iced, hooked up the Tens Unit, and hit the bed a little early.  I needed this today.  Mentally and physically.

6/18/12
I want to start this off with talking about someone very special.  My Mother-in-Law Debbie has been here this past weekend.  She is a really great lady but words couldn't say how much I really appreciate all she did these last 3 days.  She came into town because she was working out near Kalamazoo on Friday and Saturday but took Sunday off to help M and I out.  As soon as she got here my littles were cared for, the house was cleaned from top to bottom, our cloths were all washed, folded, and put away and did I mention Avery and Lil had a ton of attention.  This lady is a superwoman.  I know there is a stigma about mother-in-laws being a pain but that is the furthest from the truth in our household.  She is so greatly appreciated and I hope she knows this.  I try to thank her as often as I can but it is never enough in my opinion.  Thank you Debbie for taking care of us.

As for today, I'm excited that it's a weekday again.  I am waiting for that phone call from the surgeon to get in for a consult.  When the Dr. office called last week to let us know we were on the waiting list I was relieved but it ended with a big "?".  They just said, he is extremely booked and we are pushing for you to be bumped into an open slot (which is a good thing) but it could be up to a week before you hear anything from his office.  So I wait.  Wednesday will be a week.  I knew nothing would happen over the weekend but now at least I know there is a chance of a call.  I will keep my phones close!  As for today, Debbie is leaving a little later today, Michele has the day off (we were supposed to be at the Great Wolf Lodge :-(   but oh well), Avery is currently at a dentist appointment, and we are just keeping it real.  No big plans for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment