Sunday, November 13, 2011

Manly Task #31

Two years ago we finished our basement so that Michele's sisters could live here while they went to GVSU.  With that being said, we were in a hurry.  I spent the entire summer (with huge help from Luke) putting walls up, wiring, carpeting, plumbing, HVAC, and dealing with inspectors (blog to come soon hopefully).  The night I put on the last coat of paint was the evening before Lillian was born and the girls moved in right after that.  So there were some loose ends down there that needed to be finished.  The girls moved in and two years later have moved out and those loose ends are still down there so we are chipping away at them.

 The fusebox door was a custom cabinet door I ordered and it took about 4 months to actually get it in.  Once it was in I painted it white and brought it downstairs to mount and discovered that I didn't pick up the right kind of hinges.  I tried to use cabinet hinges and because of the small amount of space on the left side next to the wall it wasn't going to be possible.  I leaned the door against the wall and the Jess decorated around it and there it has sat for 2 years.  So today I picked up a hinge and mounted the door.

Cost: $60 custom cupboard door, $5 parts
Difficulty: Easy
Time: 15 minutes (plus a drive to the hardware store)

Here is the link to "Bookie's Manly Tasks to do... Eventually - The List" if you are curious about other to-do adventures I have done or have in plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment