Thursday, June 25, 2009

Avery...my baby girl.


It seems that lately Avery has entered a phase most call the "Daddy Phase". I am going to call it the "Mini-Me Phase." This part of the childhood stage is an interesting one that in my life is filled with mostly love, but there are times when I would really like some alone time (I had a frustrated moment a couple days ago and all she wanted was to be close...I had to step back for a moment and remember that this is totally and completely out of love). It is an interesting time for me from two different perspectives. The first is the personal feeling of unconditional love from my little one. She pretty much only wants me to do everything for her, baths, bedtime, kisses & hugs, etc... She seeks me out in the house to just give me a kiss on the arm or give my leg a hug. When I sit down, she only wants to sit next to me, or on me. If I'm working in the office, she wants to sit on the desk just left of me on the desk and just be near me. Yesterday morning, I woke up with her head in the crook of my neck as if she couldn't get close enough to me when she came into our room in the morning. It's the most amazing feeling in the world to experience how much love can come out of this little one. It makes my heart swell every time she tells me she loves me.

The part that isn't so great is that I sorta feel bad for Michele. I feel like when Avery says she wants me to do something that it digs in a little with her. I know that deep down Michele knows this is a phase most little girls go through, but I still feel bad sometimes. I read her blog this evening about this subject and I know she gets it and sees to positive in it but still... I think the thing Michele needs to know is that when I stand back and watch Avery interact with her, love pours out of her for Michele as much as for me...She loves her so much, Aves is just going through a phase.

I will live this up for now because, I know that someday just for the simple fact that they are both girls, I will be a boy and that will make a difference. Right now I'm just Daddy.

I'll take it.
Books

1 comment:

  1. I agree, enjoy it while it lasts because it will go in phases. While we were traveling this past weekend and around lots of strangers, Isabelle suddenly started exhibiting some favoritism toward me - she'd scramble to get out of Jason's lap and reach for me, which was new. Jason joked that he doesn't like this stage, but I told him she'll be going through a "daddy's girl" phase soon enough! And then she'll hate us BOTH when she's a teenager, heh heh.

    ReplyDelete