Monday, December 9, 2013

Manly Task #17

After the basement was finished, there were a couple of loose ends that needed to be tied up but wouldn't effect anything except my ease of mind.  One of those things was the cables that were routed throughout the house and gathered in the utility room in the basement.  When we were sinking cement nails in the walls when we built the studs, I also mounted the bracket for the wire box.  I went through and labeled all locations of cables and phone cords and set up the phone part of things.  The cables sat exposed and dangling for 3 years.  When I transferred the office to down stairs I needed to also get the cable set up so I decided to organize the box.  There were some issues with AT&T and the cable so I ended up also making the utility room the central hub for all wireless and cable/phone runs.  I ended up building a special shelf off the support beams to hold all the wireless stuff.  I think it turned out pretty sweet.  Here is the final product now that all is set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment