Monday, January 30, 2012

Manly Task #30


My plan down in the basement was to build a really great entertainment area as part of the main wall.  I built a custom cabinet that sits behind the wall. so the A/V unites are actually sitting inside the wall instead of on a shelving unit taking up room on the floor.  Once it's completed it's going to be really great.  The spot where the shelving unit meets the drywall had a pretty large gap which i figured would happen.  I patched the gap and sanded it when the basement was finished but it never painted the area.  The twins moved in downstairs and it sat for 2 1/2 years.  I finally painted it this past week and it looks great.  I had to create a line between the black shelf and the green wall and wanted it to look like the shelving was perfectly in line with the wall.  I used masking tape and tape measure to make sure it was straight.  It turned out really nice.  I can't wait to get some major electronics in this room.

Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Cost: Nothing (touchup paint is extra from big projects)

Here is the link to "Bookie's Manly Tasks to do... Eventually - The List" if you are curious about other to-do adventures I have done or have in plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment